Elena specialises in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning, with over 10 years of experience conducting evaluations for government, non-profit and development aid organisations working in Africa and Latino America.
She holds a MPhil in Sustainable Development Planning from Stellenbosch University and a BA (Honours) of Social Science in Political Science from Madrid, where she originally comes from. She is an experienced development practitioner based in South Africa.
1. Ensure the set up and delivery of our learning programmes are fully inclusive and accessible, stress testing them through an anti-racism and discrimination lens
2. Ensure the content, theories and models used in our programmes reflect a wider range of culturally diverse global thinkers.
3. Actively support the feature equity diversity and inclusion as a topic on our leadership programmes, supporting our facilitators to deliver this.
4. Ensure our recruitment and facilitator selection processes operate in a way that attracts and provides opportunities for more people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
5. Robustly monitor the demographics of our learners to ensure we are attracting learners that are more culturally representative of the communities we serve.
6. Provide ongoing support for staff and facilitators during our EDI journey, in particular to those who might come from diverse backgrounds.
7. Support all facilitators, staff and board members with their ongoing learning and development around equity, diversity and inclusion.
8. Engage with and learn from individuals and organisations locally and globally tackling systemic racism and injustice.
9. Share learning from the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion working group internally and with other organisations.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion updates
Do you want to empower the next generation of social entrepreneurs in England?
Become a Social Enterprise School
If you are from a school or local authority in England, and are interested in hearing more about Social Enterprise Schools, we would love to hear from you.
Become a facilitator
We are always looking to grow our talented pool of associate facilitators. If you have experience of tackling social problems and get excited by working with young people, then contact the team.
Become a partner
We are fortunate to work with a number of brilliant partners. As we grow across England, we are keen to further build our partner network. If you would like to hear more, please contact the team.
Latest news from Social Enterprise Schools England
Richmond Pupils Impress at Social Enterprise Dragons’ Den Competition
Primary Year 6 pupils at St. Richard’s CE Primary School in Richmond pitched their impressive social enterprise ideas to an expert panel at the Social Enterprise Schools Dragons’ Den competition.
Get in touch
Explore Social Enterprise Schools pilot programme opportunities in England
Matt Nicol, Social Enterprise Schools Lead (England) |
Thank you to our partners who have made Social Enterprise Schools in England possible so far: