Over 2 days, you will be introduced to the objectives, purpose and practice of social enterprise in rural communities.
Bannockburn, Golden Plains Shire
5 & 6 December 2019
9am - 4pm
+61 (0) 357 282 91
People, planet, and profit – the three elements at the heart of all social enterprises. But how can social enterprise be used as a driver for economic and community development?
You will share the space with other cross-sector leaders to work together to activate social enterprise as a successful business model in your community.
Who is it for?
This practical and innovative program is designed for anyone interested in learning about social enterprise and the potential benefits and issues it may present to your organisation, network or community.
This program is brought to you by Rural Councils Victoria; an organisation representing Victoria’s 38 rural councils whose role is supporting and promoting sustainable, liveable, prosperous rural communities.
Why attend this programme?
- Learn about the values and purpose of social enterprise and its context in relation to community and economic development
- Connect with others in your local area, including leaders and founders, to deepen your understanding of the realities of running a social enterprise
- Explore the role you can play to activate social enterprise in your community
- Understand the diverse legal structures of Social Enterprises and identify sources of finance and support available
- Identify the role Social Enterprise is playing in rejuvenating rural communities
Fully funded - this workshop has been funded by Rural Councils Victoria.