This one-day programme provides youth with a short introduction to theories of leadership and how these apply in reality.
8.30am - 3.30pm
The programme enables young people to start to develop their understanding of what leadership is and how to develop as a leader. It also serves as a good introduction to Academy learning and our other Leadership programmes to further their development.
Who is this for?
This programme is for people at any stage of their professional development who would like to get a general introduction to leadership and is an opportunity to start thinking of its relevance to their work.
- Understand what is meant by leadership and the key responsibilities of a leader
- Have built a picture of a good leader
- Started to see themselves as leaders, having a clearer understanding of their strengths and areas of development
- Have engaged with 2-3 leadership theories and applied them to their reality
- Have a plan for how to take the learning forward to develop themselves as leaders