On the 5th of July, an incredible event unfolded at UCL as we marked the grand debut of the Social Enterprise Academy Awards in England. It was an inspiring occasion where like-minded individuals gathered to recognise and applaud our inspiring young changemakers.
The young people could showcase their extraordinary products and talents throughout the day in the Marketplace. One of the highlights was an exciting hydro-dipping showcase by the talented students of Southgate School!
We extend our gratitude to our wonderful partners who played a crucial role in making this event the success that it was – Enfield Council, Nexus Enfield, London Borough of Havering, London Borough of Lambeth, Lambeth Made, West Sussex County Council, London Borough of Hounslow & Royal Borough of Greenwich. A special mention goes to The UK Shared Prosperity Fund for their instrumental contribution in making Social Enterprise Schools possible in Barking & Dagenham, empowering the next generation of social entrepreneurs.
Last not but not least, a huge thank you to our valued long-term supporters, The Big Issue, SAP, Cirrus Logic & Artemis Investment Management.
The 6 schools exhibiting in the marketplace & receiving an award on the day were:
- Elm Court School (Lambeth) – receiving the Protecting our Planet Award
- Millennium Primary School (Greenwich) – receiving the Protecting our Planet Award
- Riverside Primary School (Barking & Dagenham) – receiving the Protecting our Planet Award
- Sanders Draper School (Havering)
-Flipjacks receiving the Sustainable Food Award
-Love to Give receiving the Circular Fashion Award
-Daily Discretions receiving the Social Advocacy Award
- Southgate School (Enfield) – receiving the Circular Fashion Award
- Timbercroft Primary School (Greenwich) – receiving the Mental Health Champions Award
- The John Roan School (Greenwich) – receiving the Celebrating Heritage Award